COVID-19 Visitor Update
25 May, 2020
Dear valued Residents, Families and Advocates,
I want to thank you again for your ongoing patience and understanding during this time.
On 24 May 2020 the Tasmanian Premier released a new direction relating to residential aged care facilities, introducing daily care and support visits for Aged Care Residents. In order to comply with this new direction, and maintain the health and safety of all residents and staff, we will need your assistance and support to enable a smooth and efficient transition.
Masonic Care Tasmania will continue with the current booking system we have in place in order to manage visitor numbers and enable us to trace all visitors to our facilities:
- Please contact us to schedule your visits. Please call our dedicated number 6345 7111 during business hours or email email@example.com and our dedicated team members will schedule your visit time and assist with any queries you may have. Please do not call the facilities directly, as they will not be able to schedule your visit.
- There will only be one single point of entry through the main reception and MCT will monitor this.
- Visits will now be allowed for up to one hour in the Resident’s room. The decision to manage visits in this way has been made on the basis of feedback from Residents, Families and Advocates.
- There will be a maximum of two visitors together per scheduled time.
- Each visitor will need to supply us with proof that they have had the 2020 flu vaccination. These can be sent in any time to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought on your first visit.
- We will take your temperature using a no-touch infra-red temperature detection device to screen for signs of fever.
- This will be supported by a number of screening questions for you to answer.
- You will be required to continue to use good hand hygiene and use the sanitiser gel at reception before and after your visit, and maintain acceptable social distancing measures.
- You will be escorted to and from the resident’s room, and you will be required to stay in the Resident’s room at all times during the visit.
- You will need to sign out of all MCT facilities upon departure.
Please note that children aged 16 years or less are still not permitted to visit, except under special circumstances, in line with the National Committee’s advice and of course, if you feel unwell or have flu-like symptoms, please do not visit.
With the easing of restrictions underway, it is important now, more than ever, that we maintain our vigilance to prevent the spread of this virus.
We ask for your patience when you do visit our facilities. Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled visit time to allow our dedicated staff time to sign you in, screen you and escort you to the resident’s room. We ask that you please be patient while our staff fulfill these requirements.
Effective 26 May 2020, bookings will be available from 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday with lunch for the Residents midday to 1pm, and 10am to 2pm Saturday and Sunday.
Please be assured that we are here to support you and your loved ones. If you have any questions or concerns about your own visiting arrangements, please contact your Facility Manager directly.
We appreciate your continued patience and understanding at this time and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me or one of our team if you have any questions.
Chief Executive Officer
Masonic Care Tasmania
Attachment: Public Health Direction –Residential Aged Care Facilities – No.6
Residential Aged Care Facilities – No. 6 (24 May 2020)