COVID-19 Visitor Update - 18 March 2020
18 March, 2020
Important information for our valued community before you visit our facilities.
As you know, the health, safety and wellbeing of our residents, clients and staff is always our priority. We are actively monitoring information provided by the Australian Government Department of Health in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert, and are taking active measures to reduce exposure to the virus and its potential impact on our organisation.
In order to help protect our residents, clients and staff, the following guidelines have been implemented today 18 March 2020:
• Access to our residential aged care facilities will be for essential visits only
• Visits are to be short – less than 30 minutes’ duration
• Visits will be limited to two people at one time, once per day
• Visits are to be conducted in the resident’s room or specific areas designated by the Facility Manager (not communal spaces)
• No visitors to any Masonic Care Tasmania site after 6pm (unless previously agreed with the Facility Manager)
You will NOT be permitted to enter a Masonic Care Tasmania site if:
• You are a child under 16 years of age (reviewed on a case-by-case basis with the Facility Manager)
• You have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
• You have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• You have a fever or other flu-like symptoms or acute respiratory infection
• You have not been vaccinated against influenza – effective 1 May 2020.
If residents are at the end of their life the Facility Manager will agree alternative visiting arrangements with family and friends.
Keeping people connected is a priority for us and we are actively investigating how we can continue to provide ways for our community to stay connected.
Residents are able to stay connected with their family, friends and support networks with phone calls, skype, messenger and FaceTime and we are enabling GP visits via video conference.
We will continue to keep you informed as things progress. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our team members if you have any questions.