Day Therapy Assistant
Masonic Care Tasmania is a state-wide not for profit organisation that has been delivering high quality, customised services to meet the current and future needs of older Tasmanians, their carers and families for over 60 years.
More than 1000 people choose to live life with us through residential care, respite care, community support services and retirement living.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our forward thinking, progressive Aged Care organisation in our Community Services team.
Based in Launceston at our Peace Have facility we have 2 part time positions available. One position working approx. 28 hours per week and the other approx 8 hours per week, the primary purpose of the Day Therapy Assistant
role is to interact with and deliver activities for our day therapy clients and to provide support in the implementation of our program, which is aimed at improving our clients quality of life through preserving their social skills and optimum level of physical and social activity.
Reporting directly to the Day Therapy Coordinator, in the role you will:
To be successful in this role you will:
- Provide support to other members of staff as necessary and in a team environment, and in consultation and direction from the Day Therapy Co-ordinator
- Encourage and motivate clients/residents, and their participation in social and physical activities within the limitations of their abilities
- Participate in team meetings and support the function of the Day Therapy Coordinator; and
- Maintain specific reporting requirements and document information relevant to client’s ongoing care as required
- have completed or are interested working towards Certificate of Diversional Therapy / Leisure and Lifestyle Certificate IV or equivalent together with demonstrated experience, particularly in aged care
- be competent in using a range of programs designed to promote client independence and maintain/extend their personal interests, social contacts and general mobility
- possess effective interpersonal and communication skills and sound written and verbal skills
- have the ability to display empathy and advocacy as appropriate
- display initiative and have an ability and willingness to learn
- previous experience in Aged Care advantageous
For further information about this role please contact Jayne Williams, Executive Director Community Services on (03) 6345 7100 or Jayne.Williams@mctas.org.au
You will find a copy of the Position Description here: http://www.masoniccaretas.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Day-Therapy-Assistant.pdf
How to apply:
Obtain a copy of the Position Description and review the selection criteria against your skills and experience.
Attach your covering letter, addressed selection criteria and a copy of your resume and apply via SEEK.
: 12 noon on Monday 29th July 2019.