Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant
Masonic Care Tasmania is a state-wide not for profit organisation that has been delivering high quality, customised services to meet the current and future needs of older Tasmanians, their carers and families for over 60 years.
More than 1000 people choose to live life with us through residential care, respite care, community support services and retirement living.
A number of exciting casual
and part time
opportunities have arisen at Masonic Care Tasmania to join a forward thinking organisation in a rapidly growing industry.
As a Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant
with Masonic Care Tasmania you will deliver a diverse and high quality range of recreational lifestyle activities to all MCT residents that reflect their individual interests, preferences and capabilities.
In the role you will
- Assist in the development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of the activities conducted by the Leisure & Lifestyle team to ensure residents’ needs are met
- Support the social, cultural and spiritual needs of residents
- Encourage resident and family participation in activities
To be considered for the role you must posses
- Completed or working towards Certificate IV in Leisure & Health or similar qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills evident through communication style, in particular verbal communication
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to build strong networks within the local community
- Current satisfactory National Police Check
- Ability to be empathetic and advocate as appropriate
- Understanding of wellness deficits and an ability to implement programmes which promote wellness
- Current drivers licence
If you are wanting to work in a Values based, respectful organisation that provides flexibility, innovation and an opportunity for growth then we are interested to hear from you.
**All applications must include a brief cover letter and CV and be submitted through SEEK by 5pm Wednesday 18 September.**