Masonic Care Tasmania is a state-wide not for profit organisation that has been delivering high quality, customised services to meet the current and future needs of older Tasmanians, their carers and families for over 60 years.
More than 1000 people choose to live life with us through residential care, respite care, community support services and retirement living.
Based in Launceston at our Peace Haven facility, the Casual/Relief Chef
will provide both annual leave and relief cover to our existing staff.
Reporting directly to our Catering Team Leader, the Chef will:
- ensure residents are provided with nutritious and appetising meals which offer choice and allow for preference
- cater for residents who have special dietary needs to meet religious, ethnic, personal or medical reasons
- be responsible for ensuring the operational state of equipment, material and tools of the catering service and the appropriate training of staff to properly and safely use such equipment
- act as a positive role model for catering staff
- maintain comprehensive records of resident requirements
- ensure all legislative and food service standards requirements are maintained
To be successful in this role you will possess the drive to produce high quality meals and have a passion for making a difference in an Aged Care food service environment.
You will possess excellent written and verbal communication and demonstrated prioritization and organisation skills.
If you are a qualified Chef (or working towards you qualification) with demonstrated experience in Catering Management in a Commercial kitchen and food hygiene-controlled environment we want to hear from you.
Technical role related queries should be directed to Lydia Nuttall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find a copy of the Position Description here: http://www.masoniccaretas.com.au/position_type/permanent/
How to apply:
Apply via SEEK with your current resume and cover letter.
Applications close: 12 noon on Thursday 1st August 2019.