Covid19 Update and Precautions (Fred French)
1 April, 2022
Dear Valued Residents, Families and Advocates,
RE: Fred French Covid19 Update and Precautions
I would like to thank you all for your ongoing patience and understanding as we work through the current situation at Fred French.
We are committed to ensuring that families remain aware of the situation and can continue to stay in contact with their loved ones.
Unfortunately we have had two additional Residents return positive test results following testing yesterday.
The residents and their family have been informed and are receiving support from Masonic Care Tasmania. If our team has not contacted you, rest assured that the impacted Residents are not your loved one.
As a precautionary measure, we have been advised by Public Health to undertake PCR testing for all Residents tomorrow, Saturday 2 April 2022.
Further to this, I would like to confirm the following precautions we have in place to ensure the safety of the Residents and Staff:
- All visitors, staff and contractors are required to complete RAT test and health screening on arrival, including temperature check.
- All staff are required to wear a N95 facemask and eye protection.
- All visitors and contractors are required to wear a surgical mask for the duration of your visit.
- The Elphin, Flowers and Wentworth areas are restricted to the rest of the home, but visitors are welcome. For those visiting loved ones in these areas, we ask that you wear N95 masks and eye protection.
- We encourage residents and their family and friends to wear a facemask at all times when on outings.
- Everyone is encouraged to continue to adhere to social distancing and good hand hygiene practices at all times.
The health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our priority, and we appreciate your assistance with this.
To assist with any queries or to make a time to connect with your loved one, please contact Fred French Home on 6345 7100.
Chief Operating Officer